Join Global Witness on June 16-17, 2021 for a free online event that highlights groundbreaking climate solutions needed to protect people and the planet. Together we can secure a #ClimateRevolution.
You can see the full list of speakers and event agenda here. Spots are limited so be sure to RSVP on this page and secure your free ticket.
The event will include top climate leaders, activists and political voices from around the world who will present ideas to win the climate fight – everything from tackling greenwashing and climate disinformation to stopping the funding of climate-wrecking projects.
Some key speakers include:
- Rt Hon Alok Sharma (UK Minister, President of COP26)
- Vanessa Nakate (Climate Activist from Uganda, Founder of Rise Up Movement)
- US Senator Sheldon Whitehouse
- US Senator Ed Markey
- Alexandria Villaseñor (Climate Justice Activist and Founder of Earth Uprising)
- Disha Ravi (Climate Activist, Fridays for Future India)
- Adam McGibbon (UK Campaign Lead at Market Forces)
- Tariq Fancy (CEO/Founder of the Rumie Initiative, Former Chief Investment Officer for Sustainable Investing at BlackRock)
Each year trillions of dollars are funneled into climate-destroying projects – from deforestation to unsustainable agribusiness and digging up and burning fossil fuels. This must stop. A Climate Revolution will rely on everyone playing their part – the climate movement, consumers, companies, governments and NGOs. Join our event and see how you can get involved in securing a sustainable and equitable tomorrow.
Date: June 16-17, 2021 (Wednesday and Thursday)
Time: 5:00-6:30 pm BST / 12:00-1:30 pm ET / 9:00-10:30 am PT
Location: Zoom (link to be provided after registration)